Important dates:Registration for watching recorded presentations will be closed on July 9. To make a registration, please create your account and proceed for the payment here.
Overview of the meeting
AVW10 will be held online from June 27 to July 1 of 2021, hosted by Kyoto University, Japan. Those who wish to give a presentation will be asked to select one of two presentation formats: Live Talk and On Demand Presentation (ODP).
1. Live Talk
This is a regular oral presentation given online during the conference. For those audiences who are not able to join live due to the time difference, each live talk will be recorded, and the video will be uploaded on the meeting website (exclusively available to the meeting participants). Live Talk presenters, as well as ODP presenters described below, can upload materials related to the talk on the website in advance. The provisional length of a Live Talk presentation is 15-25 min (will be finalized depending on the number of participants).
2. On Demand Presentation (ODP)
This is a replacement of the traditional poster session. Taking advantage of an online meeting, ODP facilities more interactive discussion. ODP presenters will be requested to upload a video of their talk to the meeting website in advance. Questions and answers can be made live on a core time during the meeting, or in the comment section on the video page. ODP presenters will also make a flash talk in the meeting to introduce their presentation. The expected length of the video is 10–30 minutes.
Rules and regulations
- Only registered participants can join the meeting.
- It is prohibited to distribute the passwords to access to the AVW10 presentation sites.
- Recording, screen capturing, copying, or downloading of scientific results from presentations at the meeting is strictly prohibited.
Schedule to the meeting
|Live Talk presenters||On Demand Presentation
|March 8–April 23||Registration and abstract submission|
|May 1–June 7||Submission of online materials (optional)||Submission of the video talk|
|June 20–June 27||Video talks from ODP presenters become available.
Q&A can be made in the comment section on the video page.
|June 27–July 1 (Meeting)||Online presentation
The talk is recorded and uploaded on the website
|Online Q&A in core time
Online flash talk
Regular: 5,000 JPY
Students: 2,000 JPY
Registration fees should be paid in Japanese Yen by a credit card.
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Registration and abstract submission
For registration and abstract submission, please click the link below and follow the instructions.
- The deadline for abstract submission is April 23, 2021, 23:59 JST.
- Only one abstract may be submitted per registration.
- Title must be prepared in less than 100 characters.
- Abstract must be prepared in less than 1000 characters.
- To activate the online socialization, we ask you to optionally post your photo (a square-trimmed .jpg file less than 5MB) and
a brief self-introduction (less than 500 characters) to be shown along with your abstract.
- Please note that applicants who opt for Live Talk might be asked to give
an On Demand Presentation and vice versa to
accommodate the meeting schedule. The format of your presentation will be notified as soon as possible after the abstract deadline.
- Provisional schedule of a meeting day is 2-3 h session in the morning, 2-3 h session in the afternoon, and 1 h session in the evening (in the Japanese time). We will do our best to consider the time zone differences of each presenter in the program, but please understand that it is not possible to accommodate requests of all individual presenters.
Video and file submission
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the organizing committee: email@example.com